CScoliosis Pain Relief
Are you seeking scoliosis pain relief? Scoliosis is a development condition mainly characterized by the sideway curvature of the spine among children before they hit puberty. There is no definitive cure for scoliosis, and it can be life-threatening if left untreated.
Scoliosis can be either mild or severe, with the condition worsening as your kid grows up. In the worst stages, scoliosis can be disabling and often leads to a reduced volume for your chest, making it hard to breathe correctly.
Some symptoms of scoliosis include:
- Uneven hips, shoulders, and waist
- Leaning to one side when standing
- One side of the rib cages jutting forward
- Back pain
- One shoulder blade is more prominent than the other
How do chiropractors help with scoliosis pain relief?
Chiropractic treatments are the combination of spinal adjustment, exercise, and traction to correct spinal code alignment.
Patients with scoliosis have difficulty moving, and their spinal joint movement is limited. Often, they also encounter challenges moving their muscles and with the proper functioning of their nervous system. With the nerves overworking, the patient usually ends up with mild or chronic pain.
With chiropractic adjustments, you can improve your movements, optimize the functions of your nervous system and reduce pain.
Couple chiropractic therapy with mirror-image exercises and traction, and you can quickly reduce scoliotic curvatures and slow down the advancement of the larger ones.
With help from one of the specialized personal injury chiropractors in Phoenix, you can restore muscle balance. However, it is essential to note that chiropractic treatment only works best when coupled with traction and exercise. Seek scoliosis pain relief today when you visit Clinica Real.
What are the benefits of Chiropractic Therapy?
Chiropractic care is an excellent take on pain management. It also helps you reduce the discomfort you encounter from scoliosis. Regular therapy sessions give scoliosis patients treatment options that are more affordable, safe, and non-invasive.
And since there are no over-the-counter medications involved, there is no risk of addiction, which happens with opioid drugs.
Some health benefits of chiropractic adjustment include:
- Decreased inflammation
- Improved physical function and performance
- Improved nerve communication in the body
- Better posture, with improved joint motion and coordination
- Back and neck pain relief
- You experience less joint discomfort
- Relief from stress and tension disorders
- Increased activity and lifestyle
- Chiropractic treatments also help reduce migraines, joint pains, and arthritis
- Therapy sessions from a chiropractor are ideal for long-term back pain relief
Unrelatedly, chiropractic therapy is proven to help with conditions like:
- Treating headaches
- Reducing muscle spasms
- Improving digestion
- Lowering blood pressure
- Promoting better sleep
- Reducing depression and anxiety
- It also promotes healing and recovery
If you want to try chiropractic therapy, you can reach out to Clinica Real, Phoenix, AZ, and talk to professional pain management, back pain, and car accident chiropractors in Phoenix.
Why is Chiropractic treatment a healthier option?
According to the American Chiropractic Association, about 7 million Americans have scoliosis, the most common spinal deformity. Among these cases, about 80% have no definitive cause.
As mentioned, scoliosis is a medical condition that affects your spinal cord. There are several forms of treatments offered to help correct scoliosis. These include:
- Spinal fusion surgery- this is done when the curvature progresses beyond 40 to 50 degrees. This invasive surgery involves the separation of the spine and fusing it back together. The process consists of a lot of complication risks, and the slightest mistake could leave you paralyzed. Some risks involved include infection and spinal fluid leakage.
- Bracing- Once the doctors observe that your scoliosis is progressing rapidly, they recommend bracing treatment, an invasive option to slow down the development of scoliosis. You can either wear your bracing at night or full-time, depending on the severity of your condition. The disadvantage is that there is no consensus on whether the technique works or not.
Visiting a chiropractor is another method used to slow down the progression of scoliosis. It involves a hand-on process, in which a chiropractor presses the spine and the rib cage down as you lie on your stomach.
You don’t need drugs, or any incisions, which means it is a much safer option than surgery, and you don’t have to deal with scarring. Also, chiropractic therapy is a lifestyle treatment, which, as we have seen before, improves your body functions, a significant value that bracing does not provide.
The process should be precise and gentle, or you end up with an injury or a dislocation. With our highly recommended chiropractors in Phoenix, you can receive therapy for your scoliosis case, whether you’ve had surgery before or not.
Great things chiropractic therapy does for your injuries
A professional scoliosis-focused chiropractor understands your spinal curvatures, both natural and deformed. They also understand the delicate nature of your spine and work with you gently to correct the spine’s positioning.
When working with a professional, you will notice some signs of improvement after few therapy sessions. You deal with little to no pain after time and never have to worry about any spinal fluid leaking for your overall health.
If you get into a car accident injury, chiropractors can help restore normal movement in your joints, reduce muscle tension and prevent inflammation without causing any scar formation.
If you are an athlete, talk to a sports injury chiropractor and get non-invasive treatment for your back and neck pains or joints.
Final Thoughts scoliosis pain relief
When any two joints in your spine are not naturally developing or not working together, you have a condition called spinal misalignment. Scoliosis is an example of this, where the curves on your spine face directions they should not.
Most cases of scoliosis affect teenagers. Scoliosis has no cure, but some practices help reduce the progression of the deformity.
However, research has proven that chiropractic care from a scoliosis-focused chiropractor can help realign the spine and ease tension on your muscles, as well as relieve back pain.
Reach out to a chiropractor who takes medical aid near you and starts your medicine-free, non-invasive treatment for scoliosis pain relief. With time, you notice yourself breathing better, and blood pressure drops to normal ranges while the pain fades.